Sunday 21 April 2013

You have all the weapons you need, Now fight!!


I am obsessed with movies, I will watch pretty much anything and recently I’ve been broadening my horizons more than ever, watching action films that I would never have dreamt of even picking up off the shelf before.
It’s not that I go to the cinema all the time and keep up with the latest buzz, don’t be crazy I’m a student I couldn’t afford that, even if I likes going to the cinema, which actually I hate.

What I like to do is buy dvd’s/blurays and watch them from home, of course this makes it more difficult to watch new films as I have to wait months after everyone else has seen it before the dvd is released (which is what happened with the new addition to the Twilight Saga) and even then I can’t always afford to buy them straight away, but eventually I get round to it and usual it is worth the wait.
I couldn’t even tell you my favourite film, I think it changes from week to week, and it’s not always what you expect it would be for a 20 year old woman.
My recent favourite is Sucker Punch, a devastatingly wonderful adaptation of the animation Sucker Punch. The story of 20 year old Baby Doll and her traumatic life and means of escapism, by the director of 300 and staring Emily Browning as Baby Doll, and the group of fabulous women; Abbie Cornish as Sweet Pea, Jena Malone as Rocket, Vanessa Hudgens as Blondie and Jamie Chung as Amber.
Without saying anything that will spoil the plot, this really is a haunting tail, one that leaves you shook up and with the most twisted idea of a happy ending I have ever seen.
The title of this post is a repetitive quote throughout the film and it sounds silly out of context, but If you have seen the film/read the comics or intend to go and watch it now it holds so much importance to the theme of the movie and actually is a heart breaking concept.
I probably say this about every film I watch, but I would recommend this to everyone!, it’s not an easy view, it’s traumatic, and incredibly sad but it is wonderfully creative and honest!





No comments:

Post a Comment