Thursday 25 April 2013

Beauty on a Budget feature one!

I'm always happy to take someone else's tips on board and give things a go, and if I can save money while doing it well then what a bonus!
As a second year undergraduate student money is a bit tight, I have to be smart with what I buy.
The Channel 4 program Superscrimpers is amazing for this, I started watching it due to curiosity (as to what exactly they could tell me I didn't already know) but now I'm a regular viewer, because honestly their ideas are amazing! 


Here are my tips!

Beautiful Strong Nails
Want beautifully strong nails without the price tag?
A simple recipe of Milk, eggs & Honey can save your cuticles and your pennies! 


You will need: 2 egg yolks beaten, 1/4 cup of milk and 1 tbs of honey!

- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and and soak your finger tips for 7-10 minutes!
(The science- the protein in the eggs and milk will harden your nails) BRILLIANT!

Giving it a go - pretty nails 
One of the most recent episodes of Superscrimpers had master classes in it, and one of them was a master class in nail painting - in striped style. 

(1) You will need: 2 nail varnish colours, Sticky tape and a pair of scissors 

(2) Paint your nails with the colour you want as the base - I chose pink (One coat), Once the first coat is dry, Cut the sticky tape into strips and apply to nails. (arrange so that the areas NOT covered by the tape will pick up the second layer of colour)

(3) Paint the second colour over the nails - I chose purple (don't worry about going over the tape will protect the bottom layer)

(4) Remove the strips of tape (no need to wait till they dry) and enjoy your stripey nails! 



Top Tip;
You can alternate the stripes from vertical to horizontal - you could even make many other patterns using the same principle!

Go on, Give it a go!








No comments:

Post a Comment