Saturday 13 April 2013

Art is my passion ....


Art is my passion, I’ve always loved art, from as far back as I can remember I’ve had a paintbrush in hand. One of my favourite pieces was a finger painting of Monet ‘s 'Water lilies' I made for my mum when I was six and had framed for her mother’s day present.
Art has importance in almost every culture across the globe, to me art is culture, it is as important as music and traditions. Nearly every member of my family is artistic or creative in some way, whether it’s painting or drawing, or making clothes like my younger sister. Even as far as my brother who is a chef, which may not sound like art, but think about it, it’s nothing but creative.
 My uncle is probably my inspiration for art, seeing the things he used to create from years before I was even a twinkle in my mother’s eye has always influenced my own love for creative things.
I’m no Da Vinci, I’m not particularly gifted or have a natural flair for painting or drawing or sculpting but I love to do all these things, and that’s all that matters.
One of my favourite quotes is one I was told by my Educational Studies lecturer, which sounds completely out of context, but hold on
“all children are born artists, the problem is how to remain an artist when we grow up"
Makes sense doesn’t it?....
Xx

Monet - Water Lilies 

My 'Nationalism' piece 

A favourite 

No comments:

Post a Comment