Wednesday 15 May 2013

Oh so Italia

I took a little weekend off to visit my boyfriend in Chester this week and it was just like a little holiday.
The great weather we have been having combined with having no real work to do was a welcome break from the stress of Uni. (and as we are unable to take a summer holiday this year due to G's work commitments it was perfect)

We went out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate G's new job, we chose a little Italian restaurant called Ristorante Sergio and it was the most perfect evening - an amazing menu, with generous portions and beautiful ambiance - it truly was like being in Italy again sat in a little restaurant in the warm air.
I had the Fusilli Monterosso (which had prawns, courgette and pasta) and Mela Casalinga for dessert (which is a fruit tart) - delicious!

I also spent my days sight seeing around Chester, even though I have been visiting there on a regular basis for almost a year now - I have hardly seen any of the local sights.
My favourite day was a visit to Chester Cathedral in the morning and then a little Italian cafe for lunch called Alfresco - I had THE best Tuna Melt Ciabatta of my life! 




Images - Chester Cathedral inside and gardens. 

Hope you guys enjoyed the sun too! 

(p.s I promise there are a hell of a range of places to eat in Chester NOT just Italian - that's just my preference) 


No comments:

Post a Comment